Sunday, February 12, 2017


I am in New Orleans during Mardi Gras--but NOT playing around. I am here at the Biophysical Society meetings. Today I gave my first scientific talk on lithium, which has become a true passion with me. It was thrilling, and I think it went well.  I did go out on the street yesterday evening and  got caught in a great crush of people, slamming into me from different directions.  It occurred to me that if I fell I would be trampled, and I tried to imagine the headline on the story of my demise in the News-Gazette.  Would they imply that I was drunk, when in fact I was the only sober person around? I think I will stick to science.  As a party animal, I am not so great.  Especially at age 78.

1 comment:

  1. You did fine last weekend at the Krewe of Main party. Question: Pete Buttigieg? This kid seems like a good answer...

    ReplyDelete